Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What's Good, What's Best

The questions I hate most in school are the questions where it says "Choose the best answer".  Then, proceeds to give you a multiple choice question where all other possibilities are CORRECT, but only one is the "best" choice. Gee, thanks for being so clear as mud. However, the more I think about it, the more I realize that those questions might be the best preparation for life outside school.

We are faced so often with good things: sports, music, jobs, learning, friends and so much more. Those are all good things.  The problem is, if you try to pursue all of these at once you may find yourself with no time.  Sure, now you're great at soccer, but you also have no time for your friends. Or maybe it's opposite, you want to get good at soccer, but have no time because you're with your other friends all the time.  These are simplified, small examples, but this happens so many times.

I am always busy. I don't remember not being busy. But at my senior trip and during this summer, I've discovered that relaxation is important. I need rest. Maybe I can't do everything. That's okay.

Like my blog title, I can be busy and do a lot of things in this complex world, but I have to come back to the simple things.

I'll probably always be a busy body, but I'm learning to step back and think, "Okay, this is good, but it is getting in the way of something even better".

God, help me look at those real life multiple choice questions and know immediately what's best, not necessarily easy.

1 comment:

Robin Lambright said...

Great perspective....


R