Sunday, July 3, 2011

Old Friends, New Friends

This week has been fantastic.

Thursday I went to Downtown Suwanee and explored with my friend. We got some frozen yogurt (yum), some chocolate-on-a-stick sorta things and just walked around in the park. I know this may sound fairly simple, but she's not JUST a friend I know from school, although that is true.

When I was in second grade, new neighbors moved in right next to us. We soon found out that their daughter goes to the same Christian school we do. We met and were immediately friends. She has been like a sister to me for many, many years and it was great to get to spend some time with her.

Friday me and my best friends from school went to Stone Mtn to climb the mountain and watch the laser show. Although the climb was quite rough because it was 90 degrees outside and we're all out of shape, it was a lot of fun overall! The show was so neat and I had a great time.

Speaking of Old Friends, while we were there before the show one of my close friends from elementary school showed up! It was great visiting with her. I had not seen her in a very long time.

Now that I've addressed the old friends, I am going to talk about the new ones.  Wednesday I went to Newnan, GA (near LaGrange) to meet a girl who will also be attending LaGrange College with me in the fall.  She will not be my roommate (as many of you have asked), but she is an awesome girl and I can't wait to spend more time with her.  We went to see Pirates 4 in theaters and then went to Zaxby's.  Apparently, there are no Zaxby's in Kentucky (where she is from), so it is a treat for her.

In a few weeks, I will be meeting another girl who will be going to LaGrange.

I'm in an interesting place now. I have some awesome friends from this area who have known me for awhile, and now I will be going to college where no one knows me and I'll get the opportunity to meet new people. I will literally be starting from scratch.  It's made me think that I need to think about who God wants me to be, and be that person. Not in the sense of being someone I'm not, but being more ME, who God wants me to be.  Now is the perfect opportunity to do that, and I hope God is pleased with the results. Feel free to be praying that I do just that.

No comments: