Thursday, October 14, 2010

3 days-post return

The England Odyssey trip was amazing. You may have noticed that I started updating less towards the end of the trip for certain reasons but now I will give a more complete overview.
We went to London Thursday and and stayed through Sunday. We went on many tours and learned soooo much history. It was way too much to soak it, but it was incredible to see the history come to life in these buildings and artifacts. History first person is so different from history on a page in a book. We went to the Tower of London and had quite a funny tour guide. Some people thought he was mean, but I just thought that he was stern when necessary and made sarcastic almost mean jokes. So naturally from that description I loved him. He told us what is and isn't true about the tour including some common misconceptions. For example: about 5 minutes in the tour he told we had been in the Tower of London longer than William Wallace ever was. Thank you Mel Gibson.
We also went punting one day in Cambridge. To be honest, I didn't want to go. But it was actually quite relaxing and fun. Since we were in London we of course went shopping and got a bunch of cool stuff.
Soon Monday came and it was time to go home. We said goodbye to our much loved Christian Heritage representative and went to the airport. If you have read the news there have been some terrorist threats focused in Europe targeting Americans. So let's think about this. Airport security+terrorist threat+plane to America+plane coming from Europe=security checks BEFORE we even got our ticket. It was painful, but of course necessary. Obviously we are home safely now so all is well and I have no room to complain.
I am so glad to be home. However some ask if I miss anything in England...
Yes. One thing: English tea. It was the only food/drink that I considered wonderful and I miss being able to have it whenever I want. I love England tea.
Moving on though I do not regret going on this trip in the slightest. I did get homesick, but it was a wonderful experience and I learned a lot. If there are any students from my school reading this, go on an Odyssey trip. It's worth it. :)

1 comment:

Robin Lambright said...

Very glad that you had a wonderful trip!

My first thought when they reported the heighten security issues on the new about Europe was for you and all the other students that were over there!

I know you are glad to be home but having this experience will be something you will always remember!

Blessings
R