Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Nearing the End

Tomorrow is a very important day in my life. It marks the last mouth surgery I have to have! yayyy *applause*
I am simply having 2 screws put in my lower jaw where I am missing some teeth and then it will be stitched back over to heal for 4-5 months. Assuming nothing gets infected, after those  4-5 months I will get them uncoverd (opened back up) and little pegs will be put in. Once the gum heals around those pegs then it will be time to put the fake teeth on and I'll be done! In this case it will actually be 3 teeth on 2 pegs as a small bridge. And done is assuming nothing goes wrong, which it shouldn't and I'm not at all worried about. It's just a disclaimer.
Often when you hear someone is having surgery you think "Oh poor little Suzie. She's having surgery. She must be so scared" and maybe say a prayer. Well feel free to say a little prayer, but unlike little Suzie, little Leah is not scared. So instead think "Oh little Leah. She's having surgery....YAYYYYY for Leah!". But don't worry about me cause I'm not worried. :)
I say all this seemingly random stuff to really say...
1. Surgery tomorrow.
2. Pray it goes well.
3. Rejoice with me that it's the last one. Praise God.

1 comment:

Robin Lambright said...

YEAAAA!

I know you will be so very glad when all tis is behind you!

Good luck today!

Blessings
R