Saturday, December 15, 2012

Protecting the Innocent

"There's too many shootings! Increase gun control!"
"There's too many shootings! Get guns out to the people!"
"Quit bring politics into something as terrible as a shooting!"

How many times have you heard these statements recently? A lot, right?

Regardless of what side you're on, you want to keep people safe.  Here's my thoughts.

When I say the people need to carry guns, I don't say this lightly. It's not for everyone. It's a serious business and involves a willingness to kill another human being if it is necessary.

However, my view is not political, though it could be taken this way.  I want those who are emotionally (and spiritually) able to be able to buy and carry guns in order to protect human life. The police are great, but they don't always come in time.  A well armed, well trained citizen sometimes is what it takes.

I am not a crazy gun nut. I just want to protect those I love and the innocent.

Imagine this:

Your best friend, brother or sister, mother or father, or anyone else close to you is at gunpoint.  You have a way to take out the gunman. Would you do it? It's not about the fact that yes, you may have to end human life.  Unfortunately, it is the consequence of their actions.  I'm not saying your answer should be yes.  That is up to each of us to decide.  As for me, IF I had a way, I would. It is the protecting of human life.

Again, I am not trying to be political. I just want you to understand this perspective.  It's not about power. It's not about politics. It's not even about killing.

It IS about protecting the innocent. Yes, God is the judge, but remember King David, he was a warrior and a man after God's own heart.

My heart breaks for the families of the children, teachers, and administration of the Connecticut shooting as well as the Colorado shooting back in the summer.  May God heal their hearts.

No comments: