Sunday, March 31, 2013

Peace

For those of you who didn't see my post yesterday, go read that and come back to this.

Emptiness. My lord is dead. Suddenly the women disciples of Jesus ran into the room they were staying. "The body of Jesus is gone!" Peter was outrun by John, but entered the tomb first. The clothes were folded and the body gone. Grave robbers.

Again, I am with Peter here. A glimmer of hope and yet this could be bad too. What if those who stole the body want to harm us as well? Safety is the next logical option.

I imagine Peter and the disciples were restless and confused waiting in that dark room. Wondering what to do next. Wondering if each set of footsteps outside may try to knock down the locked door and arrest them. Watching as the candles slowly burned ou-

Suddenly JESUS! He appeared out of thin air. I don't know what they did, but I would have fallen completely over. The man who I watched die is alive! Is this real? Will he speak to me after all I have done? After denying him? And yet he says to me, "Peace be with you." And so I am at peace.

He rose from the grave so that you can too. Nothing can hold you back with Jesus on your side. Not even death on a cross.

Happy Resurrection Sunday!

No comments: