Thursday, February 13, 2014

Crackling Trees

I woke up to crackling trees.

I didn't know what it was at first, but once I peered out my window and saw the clear blue sky and ice falling from the trees, it became pretty evident.

I've never been a winter-loving girl. Warm beaches and even hard work under a hot sun seem more appealing.  

So as I watch the sun melt the trees as they let the ice fall, I am reminded of the newness of life which this world and, most of all, our Heavenly Father brings.  

Life is always going to have its storms- even in Georgia! But the storm, the cold, the winter is never the end of the story. Spring always comes. With Spring comes new life. The plants begin to sprout flowers and leaves. The earth bursts in color. I just love Spring.  

This also proves true in our lives. Storms of many kinds come. Some stay only for a moment, others feel as if they will never end. But let me assure you, friend, Spring will come again. You will look outside and realize it's all melting away.  

You will hear the crackling of trees.  

"All around them, though out of sight, there were streams chattering, bubbling, splashing and even (in the distance) roaring. And his heart gave a great leap (though he hardly knew why) when he realised that the frost was over."
- C.S. Lewis, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

No comments: