Sunday, September 26, 2010

England 3 9/26/10

Today has been incredible. One of the coordinators of this trip lived in England for 4 years.  So today we went to his church service which was outside today. Outside is cold. The sun was in my eyes. I was tired. Yet none of that matters at all. It was a wonderful service and the people are so friendly.  They had a delicious lunch and I tried English tea. It was very good, but even more than the flavor I loved the satisfaction I felt from drinking this tea. I felt so proper. Silly, I know. Then we came home and started working on our studies like the studious students we are. We weren't even required to, but we did anyway! How's that for motivated?
Later on we had dinner and then went to youth group with the kids from that church. That was absolutely the highlight of my day.  It was so amazing to talk to them. We had them try to talk like us and we tried to talk in a British accent.  Did you know that they don't know that we think their accent is cool? That completely shocked them. (Side note: I just realized I'm starting to think in a British accent. funny.) Apparently they think our accent is kind of cool.  I let them hear a southern accent with too many syllables and drawn out vowels.  They agreed that was wierd. We also learned about phrases and words that refer to the same thing, but are different. For example when they say "biscuit" that is a "cookie" for us.  And while we sleep in, they lay in. It was neat to get to know these people.
Well, it is late here so I will conclude for the day. Tomorrow we start attending classes at a Bible college. :)

1 comment:

Robin Lambright said...

So glad you are having a good time!

Soak it in.

Blessings
R