Saturday, January 5, 2013

Dependently Independent

I hate being dependent. I hate needing help.  You can ask my family and friends how many times I turn down help because, "No, really. I got this. I'm fine."  So when God says, "You can't do this alone. You will fail on your own. Rely on me." my first reaction is "I got a plan. Thanks, though."

Why would I willingly give up my freedom. I am an American! I can make my own choices! Yes, that's true. However, in depending on God I experience a new kind of freedom.  You see, I still make my own choices, but when I relying on God I prayerfully consider circumstances before choices.  I am choosing to give up what I want in order to do what He wants.

I don't always do this, though. Sometimes I do what I want instead.  Yeah... that never works out real well.  However, He is always there with forgiveness and love to take me back and put me back on the right path.  Going back is painful, but it's freeing.

So here's to being Dependently Independent!  With my independence and free will I choose to be dependent on God.  Then, in Him, I experience true freedom.  Sometimes it doesn't feel like it, no.  But I am free in Him.  I am free to be who he created me to be.

In Christ I am a new creation. The old is has gone; behold, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17

I hope you'll join me.

No comments: